Thursday, February 7, 2008

My first blog post...ain't it grand?

My thoughts on the whole 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners...well...I like #7 1/2! The rest of it isn't really new information--just old news repackaged. Not that there is anything wrong with what they said--they are quite correct, after all. It's just that I've been raised to do all those steps, so it feels like stating the obvious.

That being said...what would I say is my easiest step to follow? Probably #4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. I've always been able to learn most things quickly and well, so I pick this one.

My hardest step to follow might be #1: Begin with the end in mind. I don't always stop to clearly articulate my goals, and that can make staying on track and knowing when I've succeeded a bit tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment