Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dangerous to Know

Dangerous to Know Dangerous to Know by Mary Jo Putney


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is actually a reprint of a short novel and a long short story. I'd read the short novel before (The Diabolical Baron), although I can't remember when or where. It's linked to a few other Putney novels of 19th century England. The short story is, on the other hand, set in the American West of the late 19th century and has no discernible ties to her other works. At least not that I can remember. Both stories were pretty good. Nothing earth-shattering, just very well-written romances--perfect for a rare day at home. I'd actually give them 3.5 stars if I could.

If you're recommending the books to other people, be aware that there is some sexual content, although not very explicit at all. As romances go, they are very tame, even by Putney standards.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment