Saturday, September 27, 2008

Twilight

Twilight (Twilight Series, Book 1) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars

I never thought I'd see the day when I would love a vampire novel. Frankly, I never thought I'd ever even read one, since I'm not a fan of scary things. But there was so much buzz over Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, and it's being made into a movie, so I felt like I really should read it and know what the teenagers were raving about. Plus it arrived on the Holds shelf right on time for my book group's books-that-have-been-made-into-movies theme this month.

I absolutely loved this book because, first of all, it's not scary (tense at the climax near the end, but not "scary"). It's actually a pretty funny story of a teenager, Bella, from Phoenix who moves to Forks, WA, to live with her dad and ends up falling in love with a vampire, Edward. Edward & his family live in Forks because it's hardly ever sunny there, so their skin doesn't glitter and give them away. The Cullen family are "good" vampires because they choose not to feed on humans.

I could keep talking about this book for a very long time, but I'd just end up giving too much away, so I'll merely encourage you all to read it for yourselves.

If you're recommending it for someone else, know that although Meyer depicts teenagers pretty accurately, she doesn't include swearing, and the closest she gets to including sex is some kissing & petting.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment