Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Guilty

Guilty Guilty by Karen Robards


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars

(Actually: 3 1/2 stars.)

I put this book on hold and then started reading it expecting a romance novel. Turns out it's more of a suspense novel with some romance thrown in for good measure. And I REALLY shouldn't have started reading it in the evening because I could not stop reading it until it was done lest I have nightmares about the bad guys breaking into my house, etc. Stupid books with their stupid plots that keep you riveted until 3:30 a.m. Curses!

The one thing about this book that drove me crazy was that the heroine refused to tell the hero the truth about what was going on. Of course, the book would only have been about 150 pages long instead of 408 if she had, and it wouldn't have fit with her damaged childhood & the resultant psychological scarring, but still...I hate when people make everyone's lives more complicated and miserable by withholding information!

If you're recommending the book to someone else, be aware that there is some sex in it and a few swear words and a lot of courtroom shooting.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment