Friday, August 20, 2010

Amazing Gracie

Amazing GracieAmazing Gracie by Sherryl Woods

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


2 1/2 stars, actually.

I don't know that I've ever read any of Sherryl Woods' books before, but I got this one for free at PLA, so I threw it in my carry-on to read on vacation this summer. It was OK. Characters weren't terribly believable or well-developed, but I liked Aunt Delia.

It's a plot-driven bit of fluff--good for a beach read. The premise is that Gracie quits her job as a fancy-schmancy hotel manager when the new CEO starts penny-pinching & sacrificing quality for the bottom line. She moves to Virginia because she loved the vacation she took there as a child, and she falls in love with an old house that she decides to buy and turn into a B&B. Problem is, the owner isn't interested in selling. He is, however, interested in her. Guess what happens next!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment