Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ten Things I Love About You

Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Sebastian Grey returns, this time as the romantic lead. (A note to Bridgerton fans: Cressida Twombley has a cameo in this one as well, and she is her usual nasty self.) Turns out that Sebastian is the secret author of the Sarah Gorely gothic romance novels, including Miss Butterworth and the Mad Baron, which had me nearly rolling on the floor with laughter during one scene of What Happens in London.

Sebastian meets Annabel Winslow when she trips over him on the heath one night at a ball. He is awaiting the arrival of a willing widow for a tryst; she is fleeing from his elderly uncle who intends to marry her & who just sexually assaulted her in a hallway. The result? An entertaining tale I stayed up late to finish reading, despite not feeling well the past 2 days. This wasn't as hilarious as What Happens in London, but it did make me grin & chuckle numerous times. I also appreciated the acknowledgment of the existence of PTSD even before it had a name.

For reader's advisors: story and character doorways.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment