Friday, January 28, 2011

Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite (The Unmentionables, #1)Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this first installment of Evanovich's latest series. This one features Diesel beginning his search for 7 stones of power, racing to find them before his (evil) cousin Wulf does. Evanovich makes me laugh with her wacky characters and their equally wacky antics, and I laughed out loud numerous times. The only thing that wore a little thin occasionally was Carl the Monkey (familiar to Stephanie Plum fans) and the sexual-tension-going-nowhere theme (also familiar to Stephanie Plum fans). Does Evanovich not know how to write stories in which people have healthy, long-term romantic relationships?

Otherwise, it was a light, fun read.

For readers' advisors: story and character doorways



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment