Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Monster at the End of this Book

The Monster at the End of this Book (Big Little Golden Book)The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was one of my all-time favorite books when I was a kid. Especially if it's read with a dramatic "Grover voice." :) My mom used to read it to me, and then I used to take it with me in my "babysitting kit" when I was a teenager, and I read it to my babysitting charges. Over and over and over.

The premise of the book is that Grover has heard that there is a MONSTER at the end of the book, and he desperately tries to prevent you, the reader, from reaching the end of the book and the scary monster. He devises all sorts of ways to nail the pages shut, brick them up, etc., but of course that doesn't work. I won't spoil the ending for you, but it's pretty hilarious and can lead to teachable moments about fear.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment