Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales

Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of TalesTortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales by Tamora Pierce

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love Tamora Pierce! I'm usually not a big short story fan, but these are great--perfect for reading on lunch breaks. She ranges all over, telling stories involving past characters, to a couple of modern-day real-world tales (one magical and one not). I had no idea Pierce was once a housemother at a group home for teenage girls and that she has a background in psychology. That totally explains how she gets her characters to feel so real and to grow and develop.

For readers' advisors: character doorway is primary, with setting and story secondary



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment