Saturday, July 9, 2011

Marrying Daisy Bellamy

Marrying Daisy Bellamy (The Lakeshore Chronicles #8)Marrying Daisy Bellamy by Susan Wiggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It took me a while to get into this novel. I wasn't all that particularly interested in the characters at first. They seemed...well, like kids in their early twenties. But then at a certain point, the story started to get interesting and more complicated, and eventually I was really hooked. I did guess a couple of the plot twists in advance, but Wiggs handled them with more depth and maturity than is usual for the romance genre.

Daisy Bellamy has been in love with Julian Gastineaux since they were teenagers; however, a drunken weekend party her senior year in high school resulted in an unplanned pregnancy with Logan O'Donnell as the father of her son Charlie. Logan turned out to be a good, responsible father, and he wants them to be a family. But Julian is the one who lights Daisy up, and when he proposes, she says yes. Unfortunately, Julian's secret mission for the air force wreaks havoc on all their lives.

For readers' advisors: story and character doorways



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment