Friday, July 1, 2011

Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home

Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First HomeNolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home by Ilona Bray

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am so glad I checked this book out this spring! I started reading it thinking my husband and I were going to buy my grandfather's house, figuring I'd just skip over all the parts that didn't apply to us. Luckily, I stink at skimming, so I ended up reading nearly everything. I learned SO much about this whole home-buying process, from vocabulary (what "points" are, for example) to what to expect and what to watch out for at each stage in the process. Buying a house turned out to be a whirlwind experience once we decided to buy an entirely different house, and having read the Nolo book was a sanity-saver for me. It's so well organized and well written--very clear and easy to follow. I referred back to multiple sections many times, especially the chart on paying points to lower your interest rate (pg. 134) and how long it takes to recoup the costs. That page helped us know we shouldn't waste our money because the current cost of points is too high. Thank you, Nolo Press!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment