Friday, August 12, 2011

A Crafty Killing

A Crafty Killing (Victoria Square Mystery, #1)A Crafty Killing by Lorraine Bartlett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I picked this book up off a reshelving cart because I needed something to read on my break and was in the mood for something light. This was a perfect choice: a cozy mystery, the first in a series, interesting enough to keep my attention and yet not requiring more brain power than my overtaxed noggin could handle at the time! (And now I'm curious to find out what happens in the next book in the series.)

Recent widow Katie Bonner becomes the main suspect in a murder investigation when the owner of Artisan's Alley dies and leaves her half of his business. It isn't how she had planned to be a part of the Victoria Square business district, but she quickly realizes she's got to take over running the Alley if she's to avoid bankruptcy. When a second corpse appears on the premises, her life becomes even more complicated.

For readers' advisors: story and character doorways



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment