Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heartwishes

Heartwishes (Edilean, #5)Heartwishes by Jude Deveraux

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Gemma Ranford gets a job cataloging the Frazier family's historical documents--boxes and boxes and boxes of them--and falls in love not only with the town but also with the eldest Frazier son, Colin. He falls for her as well, which doesn't go over well with his ex-girlfriend, Jean, who still sees Colin as hers.

For a while this book was pretty exciting, but I felt like it fizzled out in the end. Had I written this review midway through reading the story, I would have almost categorized it as mystery or suspense because of the whole plot line with Jean's uncle (the international thief), but Deveraux doesn't take full advantage of it, unfortunately.

I wish I'd read books 1-5 in the series first, because there are just way too many hints and inside jokes about earlier plots involving Colin's friends and cousins. I always felt like I was missing something, although not necessarily anything crucial to the plot of this book.

For readers' advisors: story doorway



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment