Thursday, March 1, 2012

Third Grave Dead Ahead

Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3)Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Charley Davidson hasn't slept in 13 days. The moment she closes her eyes, her supernatural--and furious--boyfriend is there, doing all kinds of erotic things to her and completely preventing her from getting any rest. His anger is something she wants to avoid, so she's been drinking gallons of coffee and inventing zany ways to stay continuously awake. But now he needs her help to prove that the man he went to prison for killing ten years ago is not, in fact, dead. Meanwhile, she's searching for a missing wife whose husband is the prime suspect.

Darynda Jones writes such hilarious, fast-paced novels, I could not put this one down until I finished it last night. I sure hope she publishes the next one asap because I need to know what happens next! What other powers will Charley discover she has? How will she keep the demons from destroying them all? Will she and Reyes ever forgive each other? Will Charley ever be able to forgive her father? Will Cookie date Uncle Bob? And how does this new guardian of hers factor in? I thought I knew how the book would resolve, but there is an unexpected twist at the very end! Well, a couple of them, technically.

For readers' advisors: story and character doorways primarily. Swearing and steamy sex scenes (particularly early in the novel) may be too much for some readers.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment