Saturday, April 16, 2016

King Bidgood's in the Bathtub

King Bidgood's in the BathtubKing Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All day long and well into the night, King Bidgood is enjoying his bath so much that he makes everyone else join him instead of getting out. He hosts mock naval battles, lunch, fishing, and a masquerade ball. Oh, who knows what to do?! (spoiler alert: his Page does! *glub, glub, glub!*)

I wasn't sure how well this would go over when I read it to a preschool storytime because you really have to look at the pictures to appreciate the story, but the kids LOVED it. The repetition of, "...King Bidgood's in the bathtub, and he won't get out!..." had one little boy throwing up his hands by the end and saying, "Not AGAIN!" The parents and other children all laughed or nodded vigorously in response, and my own chuckling made it somewhat difficult to read the rest of the story. It ended up being really interactive to have the kids look at the pictures and announce what was happening in the tub throughout the day.

It comes with a CD, but I haven't listened to that yet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment