Saturday, July 22, 2017

Island Girls

Island GirlsIsland Girls by Nancy Thayer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Rory Randall died unexpectedly, his daughters discovered that his will stipulated they all spend an entire summer together in the house on Nantucket Island in order to inherit an equal share. Jenny has been living in the house for years, but Meg and Arden haven't been back since a selfish act by their stepmother resulted in the two of them being banished as teenagers. After a rocky start, the women learn to live with each other and with the past they cannot change.

I wasn't that keen on the sisters at the beginning--they felt one-dimensional--but they grew on me as they matured and softened. At first I just wanted to send them all to an Alison Armstrong workshop.

For readers' advisors: character doorway was primary, setting secondary. One sex scene but not explicit. I think there was an occasional mild swear word, but I can't really remember. A good beach read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment