Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Earth: A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race

Earth: A Visitor's Guide to the Human RaceEarth: A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race by Jon Stewart

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My second foray into the world of audiobooks on CD was delightfully funny! Jon Stewart, Sigourney Weaver, and pretty much the entire cast of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" narrate the book, so if you like "The Daily Show," you'll probably like Earth: the audiobook. It's a tongue-in-cheek history of our planet & the human race told for the benefit of future alien visitors to Earth who arrive after we've killed ourselves off.

I thought they did an excellent job of adding sound effects and verbalizing the sidebars and other inserts, although nothing replaces a photo or diagram, so someday I will find a hard copy of the book and look through to see what visual items I missed.

My only real quibble with the audiobook was that occasionally Jon Stewart or one of the others spoke sotto vocce, and no matter how much I cranked up the volume on my car stereo (admittedly not as loud as boys with subwoofers who drive around annoying people), I could not always make out what they said. Ah well, the other 99.5% was hilarious!

For readers' advisors: "nonfiction" that reads like fiction??



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment