Thursday, August 25, 2011

Escape

EscapeEscape by Barbara Delinsky

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book struck a chord with me. The details of Emily's life aren't the same as mine, but I really identified with her desperate need to escape her life (job) that had become so different from how she'd envisioned it being. My life pales in comparison to her high-stress career and New York lifestyle, yet I feel her pain and completely understand how she could reach the breaking point that causes her to leave work, pack a bag, and start driving away, out of the chaotic city to find refuge in the woods. Haven't we all felt that way?

What I love about this story is that the people seem real. No one is perfect. Change is grudging and gradual. Relationships take work, yet no one is committing adultery. What a relief!

For readers' advisors: character doorway is primary, story is secondary



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment