Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sugar Snaps and Strawberries

Sugar Snaps and StrawberriesSugar Snaps and Strawberries by Andrea Bellamy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a great book for gardening novices just getting started. I loved that Bellamy gave instructions for how to test your soil's pH levels, which I was wondering how to do. There are loads of beautiful photos, which were great, although it would have been nice had she included some more specific shots--for example, when she talks about various weed species, it would have been helpful had there been photos of the more common varieties. (I tend to be afraid to pull weeds early on in case what I'm pulling is actually the plant!) There is so much information in this book, however, that I am thinking I might need to go buy it so I'll have a copy on hand this winter and next spring when I'm planning my garden. This one, plus one that focuses specifically on what to plant in my particular region of the world.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment