Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jane and the Canterbury Tale

Jane and the Canterbury Tale (Jane Austen Mysteries, #11)Jane and the Canterbury Tale by Stephanie Barron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK, I am wimping out on writing this review. I can't think of anything clever to say right now. The book was really good. I did guess the murderer quite early on, but there were enough twists and turns and red herrings that I wasn't at all sure I was right until the very end.

Barron did another excellent job of making it sound as though the book were written by Jane Austen herself, which I appreciate. And I love that she did the research to set her novel in the actual location where the real Jane was at the time the story takes place.

For readers' advisors: story, setting, and language doorways; no sex or onscreen violence

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment