Thursday, June 20, 2019

Pattern Bugs

Pattern BugsPattern Bugs by Trudy Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This awesome book about patterns features a different type of bug on each set of pages. While the style of art wasn't my cup of tea at first, once I looked closer, I absolutely loved the myriad ways the illustrator, Anne Canevari Green, included the patterns, from the page borders to the size/shape/colors of the markings on the bugs, to the lines radiating out from the center of a flower, to the length/shape/color of leaves, and so very many more! The book is fun to read out loud, but the true joy and value in it is in snuggling with a preschooler and seeing who can spot all the patterns on a page. GREAT for early literacy--patterns, rhymes, and good times.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment